First Impressions: They're Real Double The Lip

As I have mentioned many times on this blog, lipstick is my favourite area of beauty. Also, Benefit is one of my favourite beauty brands and their Rollerlash and They're Real mascaras are two of my favourite mascaras. Benefit has expanded the They're Real and the They're Real Double The Lip has been something that I have been interested in trying for a while. I recently subscribed to Birchbox UK and this month, all subscribers were treated to a sample size of the product in one of two shades. The shade I chose was Lusty Rose. Given my love for lipstick and Benefit, I had very high expectations.



When I first heard about the They're Real Double The Lip I was a little bit unsure as I was worried that it could give you Drag Queen lips - which don't get me wrong, I love RuPaul's Drag Race and drag queens are awesome, I'm not sure if I want to have lips like them. Each shade is shaped like a tear drop and has a darker tip than the rest of the lip colour and it is supposed to make your lips look fuller; hence the worry about drag queen lips. However, when I first put the lipstick on I realised whilst it does appear a lot more subtle, my lips did feel like they looked more fuller.

It has a semi-matte finish but I did notice that within a couple of hours it did dry to more of a full matte finish. Either way it is still comfortable to wear if you are a fan of matte finishes in your lipsticks. However unlike other matte lipsticks that I own, it doesn't have the greatest lasting power. I found that it would start to come off when I had a drink and then after eating, it would be completely gone. Now this is without any re-applying but as it is supposed to be both a lipliner and lipstick, I did expect the lasting power to be a bit better. If anyone has tried any of the other shades, particularly the brighter ones, I would be interested to see if the lasting power is any better.

I haven't this product very long so I might find a way to help it last longer without re-applying but to be honest, I don't really mind about that. It is a good lipstick for when you are in a hurry and you just want a bit of colour and unlike other 'quick fix' lipsticks, it makes you look like you put a bit more effort into your makeup.

Have you tried the They're Real Double The Lip? What are you lipsticks of choice for when you are in a rush? Would this meet the cut?

Ellyn xx



Check out my last post here!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig