L'Oreal Paris Infallible Lip Paint Review

Liquid lipsticks are still a very staple product in the beauty and blogger community. It is also a product that has been done by several drugstore beauty brands and done well. I am still enjoying using my liquid lipsticks from Bourjois and NYX but I have been interested in trying out other brands. I don't always try products directly from L'Oreal's own line as I find it is often more pricey than other drugstore brands but when I saw that they had brought out their own liquids lipsticks, I was interested to try them. I picked up the shades Hollywood Beige and Apocalypse Red from my local Boots store and here are my thoughts.

L'Oreal Liquid Lipstick

These liquid lipsticks are part of the L'Oreal Infallible range and whilst I have not tried the rest of the products within the range, I know that it a well-liked range. The website states that these lipsticks have a 'smooth cream liquid formula for a comfortable feel and supercharged pigments for our most vibrant paint-like colour'. L'Oreal also claim that it lasts up to eight hours, no caking, flaking or drying out. Each lipstick comes with a 'slanted tear-drop shaped applicator for precise application.'

The Infallible Lip Paints come in two finishes: Matte and Lacquer. I prefer a matte finish in my lip products anyway so I only bought matte shades. Overall the shade range is not huge, from memory I believe that there are only four or five shades per finish. In the matte finishes, there was also a more brighter pink, an orange-toned bright red and a gorgeous purple - it took a lot of restraint to not buy the purple lipstick as it is my favourite colour! In terms of how these lipsticks reflect their colour, Hollywood Beige is definitely a beige pink and is a slightly pinker version of my NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm. However, Apocalypse Red was darker and more of a purple-based red compared to the colour of the packaging. The actual colour pay-off on the lips is reasonably good and I have worn Hollywood Beige without a matching liner but I do think both work best with a matching lip-liner underneath.

Both lipsticks are extremely comfortable to wear on the lips as they both do not have a 'drying' feeling to them. However, I have found with some lipsticks that these often means they do not look as matte as others but not with these. Throughout the day they maintained a matte-looking finish. I also reapplied a few times throughout the day to see how it builds up and it was fine! It did not look or feel cakey which makes this a good lip choice for a night out.

They both lasted reasonably well throughout the day, now I didn't check to see if the lasting eight hours was true but they do still last a long time. They do start to come off when eating and drinking but I have very few lipsticks that are not drying that do. However neither came off completely so it is not too much of a problem.

The only thing that I don't really like about these products is the applicator. I found that it would disperse an uneven amount of product onto the lips and I found the shape of the applicator actually quite hard to use without having a base of lip-liner underneath. I found that with using a lipliner underneath helped get a better application as I was not as worried when putting the product near my lip line. The lip-liners that I am liking to use with these two are both from Rimmel - I have been using the Exaggerate lip-liner in Eastend Snob for underneath Hollywood Beige and the Lasting Finish lip-liner in Red Dynamite for underneath Apocalypse Red.

Overall I think these liquid lipsticks are a very good option for drugstore liquid lipsticks and I would recommend trying them out! They cost £6.99 in both Boots and Superdrug and are currently available in 3 for 2 offers in both stores!

What is your favourite drugstore liquid lipsticks and if you have also tried these ones, let me know your thoughts! Also if you have tried the lacquer formula as well, which one do you prefer!

Ellyn xx


Check out my last post here!

SHARE:

2 comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig