May Boots Haul: Loving That L'Oreal

Yesterday I went into Boots to pick up a few necessities and like many people's trips to Boots, I picked up a few extra goodies as well! Most of the items that I picked up are fairly new to each brand so I thought I would write up what I purchased to show you what is out there! I realised when taking the photo that it is all L'Oreal products bar one but it was not intentional haha! All of these items are under £10 each and if you receive the Advantage Card coupons in the post - you should be able to get extra points with them!

L'Oreal Paris Botanicals Fresh Care Camelina Smooth Ritual Shampoo & Conditioning Balm
I have been in need of a new shampoo and conditioner as I had been getting an itchy scalp even one day after washing my hair. My hairdresser recommended changing my shampoo and conditioner but also to make sure I really give my scalp a good massage with my fingernails when rinsing to ensure there is no build up. I have been dipping in and out of shampoos and conditioners that were in our shower but I thought it was time I went and got my own again! I have read about the new Botanical Fresh Care range from L'Oreal in last month's British Vogue and I have seen a few other bloggers write about it. The other ranges are Safflower Rich Infusion for dry hair, Coriander Strength Source for damaged hair and Geranium Radiance Remedy for dull hair.

I am always attracted to shampoo and conditioner that aim to add hydration, tame frizz or both! This range aims more at taming frizz as well as detangle. They also both smell really nice: floral and the shampoo has almost a minty scent as well. I will be trying these out this weekend when I do my weekly hair wash so if you would like a first impressions post or a proper review, let me know!

L'Oreal Paris Skin Expert Hydra Genius Aloe Water
I've mentioned in recent skincare posts that I have been looking for a new moisturiser as I don't currently have one that I love. Since discovering the Superdrug serum, I have been wanting to find a moisturiser that contains similar ingredients that will be properly hydrating. This moisturiser does! It is one of the newest items to L'Oreal's skincare range I believe. The packaging is also gorgeous and simple. I like that it is a moisturiser which is all about hydration and it is in blue packaging - oh the little things!

It was on offer but the full price is still only £9.99 which is on the mid-to-high price point for drugstore skincare but considering the ingredients, I think it is a bargain. I really hope that I will enjoy this moisturiser and that it could be the one!

L'Oreal Paris True Match Highlight Liquid Glow Illuminator in Golden Glow
Now I am not sure if this is a new product in L'Oreal's makeup range or not as it was in the display area at the top of the L'Oreal stand and was with other products from the True Match range as L'Oreal were doing a 3 for 2 offer. I currently own the Benefit High Beam and the Lumi Magique Primer also from L'Oreal but I wanted to try something more warm-toned as my powder highlighters are warmer and I think would pair better. 

The Glow Illuminator also comes in the shade Icy Glow. Unsurprisingly, Golden Glow is a warmer golden illuminator, and Icy Glow is a pink-toned cooler illuminator. When I tried the tester, it did come out and look like it would be too dark for my skin-tone but once you start to blend, it just leaves the gold shimmer so I think it would actually work for a variety of skin-tones. I am going to try these both under foundation, with foundation and without foundation to see how this works. It says that you can use it all over as a primer or with foundation so I will try it out and get back to you!

VO5 Express Primer Spray
I had intended to purchase another of the VO5 Smoothly Does It Heat Protect Styling Spray but they did not have it at the moment, but they had a new product which sounds very similar in the Express Primer Spray. I'm not sure if they have re-branded the Styling Spray into this as the Styling Spray is on the website and this spray isn't? 

It claims to do very similar things to the Styling Spray in terms of providing heat defence and taming fly aways. I will have to try this out to see how similar it is and if anyone knows if they are replacing the Styling Spray or if this was just another product they are adding to the range I would be interested to know. 

So this is what I picked up at Boots! I was able to use three different Boots coupons and so managed to snag a lot of Advantage Points - I don't think I could live without Advantage Card points! If you want any first impressions or full reviews of any of these products please let me know!

Ellyn xx


Check out my last post here!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig