New Additions To My Makeup Routine

Since I posted my current makeup routine, I have changed a few of the products within it. The actual routine itself has not changed much in terms of what style of makeup I am wearing but I am enjoying changing up what products I use to create my everyday look. Some of the additions are both new to the routine and new to me and a few of these are not new to me, but new to the routine.


Primer: Hourglass Mineral Vei
I bought this at The Bloggers Market as I have been wanting to try Hourglass products for a while but I have never been brave enough to spend the money. The lovely Kristabel from I Want You To Know was selling this for only £10 so I had to get it! I definitely think I can say that this is my favourite primer that I have ever used! Although the texture feels a little strange at first when you apply it (it feels like a mixture between a cream and a silicone based primer) it keeps my makeup on all day.  It also helps with reducing shine throughout the day as well. 

Powder: Manna Kanna Cosmetics High Definition Powder
I received this powder in this month's Birchbox and although I have only used it once properly, I really think I am going to love this powder. I found with my Soap&Glory powder that as it started to empty, it was difficult to use. This new powder is has a translucent finish so it would be great for a variety of different skin-tones. My only gripe with the product so far is that it costs £27 and if I continue to enjoy it, it is going to hurt forking out the money!

Blush: Sleek MakeUp Blush in Fenberry and Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush in Bashful Plum
I have owned both these blushes for a long time now, even if they look brand new. The Sleek blush was part of a Christmas collection and is the darkest blush I own. It is also very pigmented, so you do need a light hand. As you can tell in the picture, I dropped it and whilst trying to catch it before it hit the ground, I managed to nip a small chunk out with my fingernail which slightly ruins the aesthetic appeal of the photo! I have been using the Clinique blush on and off in my makeup ever since I first used it. It is a really nice muted peach/plum shade and it adds a really nice flush of warmth to the cheeks.

Bronzer and Highlighter: Bourjois Delice De Poudre Highlighter & Bronzer and theBalm 'The Manziers Sisters' Palette
I have been using the Bourjois bronzer shade for my actual bronzer but also as my crease shade in my eye makeup. I also tend to sweep the highlighter shade as an initial brow highlight. I also own the Delice De Poudre in just the bronzer which I find is easier to use when I am using the powder for actually bronzing my face. I am still loving using the Mary Lou Manzier from theBalm palette for my highlight and if you want to read my full review on it, click here.

Lips: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm and Benefit They're Real Double The Lip in Lusty Rose
Although I did mention the NYX lip cream in the makeup routine post, I had only just started using it. I have been using this so much as it is so easily to apply, dries quickly and lasts really well. It is a really nice nude colour. Another lipstick I have been using a lot recently is the Double The Lip from Benefit. Although it doesn't have the greatest longevity, for on the go, it is not a bad lipstick. I have written a blog post on my first impressions of the lipstick here

Yesterday I did purchase a new concealer but I have yet to try it so I did not include it in this post. Have you made any changes to your current makeup routine, do you like them more or less that the original products in your routine? 

Ellyn xx


Check out my last post here!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig